As Stirling’s Member of Parliament I always took great pride in the level of support and assistance that my office gave to many people in Stirling. We helped well over 9,000 people through almost 15,000 individual cases. This page will give you information about where you can get advice and support now that a general election has been called and Stirling has no member of parliament.


For existing cases, my ability to provide support will therefore be limited by the fact that, as I am no longer an MP, I can no longer demand the direct route into the senior levels of the organisations I have been contacting on your behalf. This will be the case for all cases regarding Stirling Council, HMRC, Department of Work & Pensions, Child Maintenance Services & the Home Office.


I am not able to take new cases.


If you need urgent help, the following organisations and groups may be able to help you:

999 - dial 999 to report an emergency

101 - dial 101 to report an incident


Stirling Council: for all enquiries regarding homelessness, social care, council housing, roads, parks, anti-social behaviour

Customer First, 1-5 Port Street, Stirling FK8 2EJ 01786 404040


If you are struggling to get hold of the right person to fix your problem in the council, then contact your local councillor: to find out who they are, and how to contact them, visit


Stirling Jobcentre Plus - for all enquiries about benefits

2 St. Ninians Rd, Stirling FK8 2HF (0) 800-169-0190


Council on Disability - for support with all disability benefits

Norman Macewan Centre, Cameronian St, Stirling FK8 2DX · 01786 462178

Citizens Advice Bureau  - for support with a wide variety of issues - check their amazing website: or visit the team at Norman Macewan Centre, Cameronian St, Stirling FK8 2DX

Legal Aid - to find a legal aid lawyer  or contact 0131 226 7061


For Immigration enquiries get in touch with your local MSPs Dean Lockhart and Alexander Stewart and alexander.stewart.msp@parliament.scotTel: 01383 720 530